|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Seeking an experienced .Net Web application developer with direct experience in design, development, and maintaining complex, web-based GIS applications. The consultant must have the experience to evaluate the requirements and to assist in the development plan. It is strongly desired that the consultant has been a project manager or have served in a lead capacity. This resource is responsible for providing technical expertise in recommending development principles, developing programming and leading troubleshooting and performance enhancement efforts. The developer is a team player with the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.|
The .Net/ArcGIS Web application developer works closely with the client to design, develop and enhance multiple enterprise web systems:
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining applications using ArcGIS within established project schedules
• Defining system requirements, flows and interfaces based on customer needs
• Developing software requirements specifications; project and risk management plans; and project timelines
• Defining interfaces required and methods of transmission
• Developing technical specifications
• Adhering to established methodologies while continuously analyzing processes for improved performance and adaptability
• Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with the customer's management and project teams
|Qualifications:||Required Skills and Abilities|
• 5+ years of software development experience with at least 5 years hands-on ArcGIS experience, preferably in a lead capacity
• 2 – 3 years of hands on .Net web application development experience (ASP, VB, C# desired)
• Demonstrated ability in object-oriented programming and design principles
• Demonstrated knowledge of database design principles and best practices using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005 and/or Oracle 10g
• Demonstrated experience in Crystal Reports or Microsoft Report Writer
• Ability to work independently while cooperating and coordinating with the team
• Ability to focus on priorities, and exhibit enthusiasm for creating high-quality software products
• At least one year of experience with GIS systems, directories, and datasets.
• Experience in QA/QC procedures for GIS products
• Ability to do spatial analyses (e.g., grid analysis, change analysis).
• Ability to design and produce highly customized GIS maps and other outputs.
• Experience with building and executing models to accurately repeat procedures.
• Ability to focus on priorities, and exhibit
enthusiasm for creating high-quality software products
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelors Degree in IT, MIS, CS or Natural Sciences
"This is an Equal Opportunity Employer"
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.