Solutions Architect - Tallahassee
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Solutions / Technical Architect (STA) will interact extensively with user(s)/client(s) to gather business requirements and with the development team to ensure implementation of recommended system design to meet those business needs. In addition, this resource is responsible for making sure that the company's needs in all areas of technology are anticipated, and planned out in advance of the company having to implement changes to their various infrastructures. The STA must have a strong command of Microsoft and Oracle technology development framework and database architecture. The STA must be solution oriented, have excellent communication skills, and work well in a diversified team environment.|
This is a client-facing and subject matter expert role specifically designed to assist in meeting the technical and business requirements in the pursuit of new business. The STA works closely with Sales to understand business requirements and the technical implications of those requirements. The STA also works closely with the project teams when assistance from that group is required to build a solution.
|Duties:||• Research technological advancements to ensure that information systems are continuously improved and aligned with industry and company standards; designs and provides updates to standards to enhance company solutions|
• Assist in evaluating technologies and determining strengths and weaknesses of technology architecture, implementation and suitability; recommends solutions to ensure consistency with the company vision
• Ability to grasp abstract concepts and create and communicate concrete solutions
• Provide architecture and technical direction, ensuring solutions are strategically aligned with short term and long term strategies and vision
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the various business and system architectures of the company, of the system development life cycle, and of data resource management concepts, tools, methodologies, and technique
• Bring forth an enterprise perspective in all work activities
• Contribute to solution design to improve business processes through the use of technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness and satisfaction of end users
• Review IT projects, systems designs, and procurement outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans
|Qualifications:||• Minimum 5 years experience in the Information Technology field that includes:|
• 5+ years of hands on experience in information technology (IT) engagements and consulting on enterprise architecture, business process transformation, enterprise application integration (EAI), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and/or systems modernization projects
• Minimum of 4+ years of large scale distributed system architecture design and development
• Must become intimately familiar with the technology needs of the organization, software, hardware, and network.
• Solid experience in planning/architecture development and support with experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating systems environments highly desirable
• Must have a solid understanding on how technology will develop in the future, especially in own areas of competence and/or expertise, and be able to show how these developments may impact the projects and solutions being developed
• Proven experience in Microsoft Technologies and Oracle /MSSQL database technologies
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in developing applications using .NET Framework with C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET Entity Framework, Windows Services in C#, Microsoft Visual studio tools for Office development WCF, AJAX, jQuery, SQL Server, and Oracle tools
• MS, Architect certifications and Oracle technologies a plus
• MIS/CS/IT Bachelors required
"This is an Equal Opportunity Employer"